1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
1.1 Personally Identifiable Information. MCS collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily submit in various contexts including, but not limited to:
the registration or account creation process for the Service
the registration process for sweepstakes, contests, Features and other promotions offered via the Service and Site
your participation in online research surveys offered on the Service, Site, Content, and Features
the process of reporting a problem with our Service, Site, Content, and Features and resolving customer service activities (including via email and chat) including, but not limited to, Customer Submissions
in connection with content submissions, voting and polling activities
offline submissions/disclosures (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms)
accessing the Service via a third-party service (e.g., Facebook)
Such personally identifiable information may include: name, date of birth, email address, phone number, account registration information, account/user name, password, password reminder questions and answers, credit card information (in limited circumstances), bank account information (in limited circumstances), mailing address and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services) you voluntarily provide.
1.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
1.2.1 Usage Information. When you visit the Service, Site, Content, and Features, MCS may also collect non-personally identifiable Information. MCS may automatically collect information that describes how you use the Service, Site, Content, and Features and the technology you are using to access the Service, Site, Content, and Features including, but not limited to the name of your Internet service provider or mobile carrier; referring/exit pages; date/time stamp; clickstream data; precise geolocation information; bandwidth speed; software programs and registry keys on the devices you register and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services ("Usage Information"). Additionally, we may collect your IP address or device identifier ("Device ID"). A Device ID is a unique number assigned to the device(s) or network you use to access the Service, Site, Content, and Features. If we associate Usage Information with your Device ID, we will treat such information as personally identifiable information.
1.2.2 Cookies. Cookies are small information files that our Service, Site, Content, and Features may place on your computer or other device. Cookies by themselves do not provide MCS with personally identifiable information. However, once you choose to furnish us with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in a cookie. In many instances you can turn off cookies in your web browser (see your browser’s manual or help file for instructions), but if you do turn off cookies you may not be able to access parts of the Service, Site, Content, and Features where cookies are used.
1.2.3 Embedded Scripts/Web Beacons. An embedded script is programming code used to collect information about how you interact with the Service, Site, Content, and Features. The embedded script is temporarily downloaded onto your device from a MCS or third-party web server and is active only while you are connected to the Service, Site, Content, and Features. A web beacon is a small graphic image or programming code that may be included in our web pages and email messages.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
2.1 Personally Identifiable Information. We use the personally identifiable information you give us to deliver information or content you request, to contact you about the Service, Site, Content, and Features, or for other purposes explained at the time we collect the information. Additionally, we use personally identifiable information to, among other things:
verify access rights to the Service, Site, Content, and Features
improve the Service, Site, Content, and Features by providing personalized content, language and location customization and/or personalized help and instructions
provide customer service assistance
ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events
provide you with news, newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, sweepstakes and special offers
better understand how the Service, Site, Content, and Features are used, including traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users
in connection with content submissions, community postings (e.g., chat and bulletin boards), and voting and polling activities including publishing your screen name and other information you have provided to us on the Service, on the Internet, or elsewhere
repost comments about our programs and services made by you on various online platforms (such as Twitter hash tags)
for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
2.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We use Device IDs, Usage Information, cookies and web beacons for a variety of internal purposes, such as system administration and counting visitors, tracking views, email "opens" and monitoring how users navigate the Service, Site, Content, and Features.
2.3 Combining Information. All the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across our Service.
2.4 Service Providers; Affiliates. MCS may disclose personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information to:
distributors, contractors and third-party agents we engage to provide services for MCS.
corporate affiliates of MCS to identify products and services that may be of interest to you, for research, analysis and to assist in the improvement of our Service or those of our affiliates, and in connection with promotions conducted by us, by our affiliates, or jointly.
2.4 Analytics. MCS may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us with information about the Service and viewing of our content. These vendors may have their own tracking technologies on your device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. This information may be stored and shared by these vendors to process your transactions and provide access to the Service. MCS may also use this information for internal review and analysis of the Service, the customer service process, and consumer comments
2.6 Administrative; Legal. MCS may also disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties in any of the following instances:
we have been given your consent to disclose
we are required by law or court order to disclose, or we believe in good faith that the law requires it
disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against, someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interference with, our rights or property, other users of the Service, Site, and Features, or anyone else
4. DO-NOT-TRACK. MCS has not implemented a response to browser-based Do Not Track signals. Since uniform standards for "Do Not Track" signals have not been adopted, the Services do not process or respond to "Do Not Track" signals.
5. HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will use reasonable efforts to allow you to update or correct personally identifiable information, to the extent that changing the data will not compromise privacy or security interests. Also, upon your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete your personally identifiable information from our database(s). However, it may be impossible to delete all your information without some residual data because of backups and records of deletions. You can access and update the personally identifiable information that you have provided in connection with the Service, Site, Content, and Features by visiting the My Account tool available within the Service. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to any personally identifiable information.
7. POLICIES FOR INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 13. MCS does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information submitted to the Service, Site and/or Features from individuals under the age of 13, except in order to respond on a one-time basis to a specific request for information If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, you can ask us to remove your child’s information by contacting us at contact@MCS.com . Upon notice from you, MCS will make reasonable efforts to investigate and remove the information. Please include in your message the same user name and/or email address and password that your child submitted.
9. MCS SECURITY POLICY. MCS is aware of your privacy concerns and strives to collect only as much data as is required to make your use of the Service, Site, Content, and Features as efficient and satisfying as possible, in the most unobtrusive manner as possible. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that whatever information you provide will be maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our products or services, and you provide such information at your own risk.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WILL MCS, ITS DISTRIBUTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES, OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SERVICE, SITE, CONTENT OR FEATURES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE, LOST PROFIT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM OR ARE RELATED TO THE COLLECTION OR USE OF INFORMATION FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, SITE, CONTENT OR FEATURES; OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT LIMITED TO AN EVENT OF FORCE MAJEURE.THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABLITY WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Last Updated: February 6, 2019